VCGS test order terms and conditions:
Thank you for choosing Victorian Clinical Genetics Services (VCGS or we) to order your genetic test. This document contains the terms and conditions that will apply to a patient (You) ordering a genetic test online. Please take a few minutes to review them. If You do not agree with any of these terms and conditions, do not order your genetic test online. If You have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Ordering and Payment
- To order your genetic testing, You must enter Your contact details (including Your address), have a test request form (completed by a health professional) and pay online with a credit card.
- For tests that require pre-payment, Your credit card will be debited at the time Your order is completed. Payment requires your mobile phone number and you will receive SMS notification of the transfer. Your mobile phone number will not be disclosed to any third party, except when contact is required for the processing of Your test.
- Your payment will be processed using a secure payment gateway, using Stripe merchant facilities (NAB if paying an invoice) and no record of your credit card is retained by VCGS.
- Quoted pricing is in Australian dollars and includes GST (where applicable).
- Price is subject to change. All reasonable effort is made to communicate pricing changes to referring health professionals.
- If Your test requires a collection kit, we will send it to You at no additional cost.
- We issue collection kits using express mail delivery services. Kits will be sent to the postal address supplied in the ordering process. Kits should be received within 2-3 business days of placing Your order. If a kit has not arrived within 5 business days or if a kit is damaged upon delivery, please contact us on 1300 118 247.
- Please read carefully the instructions on the collection kit for the collection of saliva and for shipping the samples back to VCGS. Shipping the samples back to VCGS is at the risk and cost of VCGS.
- All results will be sent by VCGS to Your referring doctor. Please refer to the test page on our website for test turn-around-times.
Cancelling a testing
- Test cancellation can be organised by contacting us on 1300 118 247.
- For test fee refund compatibility, please refer to the refund policy.
- Where a test fails to produce a result through assay failure or an incorrect or compromised patient sample, a test fee will not be charged. Where a patient has been asked to pay for a test in advance e.g. percept NIPT or prepair carrier screening, the test fee will be refunded in full. The health professional and/or patient will be given the option of re-sampling. In this case only the single test fee will be charged.
- Where a test is cancelled by the referring doctor or patient during the testing procedure, a partial refund may be applicable. Please contact us on (03) 8341 6201 during business hours to discuss.
- Refunds are returned electronically back to the credit card that was originally debited.
- VCGS is not liable to You for any failure to provide or delay in providing the collection kits or the results if that failure or delay results from a cause beyond VCGS’s reasonable control.
- VCGS’ sole liability for the breach of any guarantee under the Australian Consumer Law in regards to which liability cannot be excluded, is limited to the extent permitted by law, at VCGS’ option, to performing the relevant testing services again at no cost to You or refunding the payment made by You to VCGS (if any).
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the State of Victoria, Australia and were last updated on 8 June 2017. VCGS reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Any amendments shall be effective immediately upon notification on VCGS website.