Victorian Clinical Genetics Services (VCGS) delivers expert genetic testing and genetic support services to thousands of families in Victoria, throughout Australia, and around the world.
A subsidiary of the Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, VCGS provides both clinical and laboratory pathology services for genetic diagnosis, as well as screening and counselling, through a team of clinical geneticists, genetic counsellors, laboratory scientists, metabolic physicians, social workers and support staff.
A global leader in genetic health, VCGS also plays a key role in research and development, translational research, and policy development in the field of genetics.
Our genetic services comprise:
- State-wide clinical genetics service
- State-wide paediatric clinical metabolic service
Our pathology service comprises seven main laboratories and two affiliated laboratories:
- Cytogenetics Laboratory
- Molecular Genetics Laboratory
- Newborn Screening Laboratory
- Metabolic diagnostic Laboratory
- Maternal Serum Screening Laboratory
- Non Invasive Prenatal Testing Laboratory
- Translational Genomics Unit Laboratory
- Mitochondrial Laboratory (Affiliate)
- Tissue Culture Laboratory (Affiliate)